The UN Food Systems Summit will take place on Thursday, September 23, 2021.
The event will be held during the UN General Assembly in New York and will take the form of a virtual event.
The Summit will follow the three-day Pre-Summit gathering in Rome last week (July 26-28), during which Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, outlined the expectations for the Summit, which include:
- A statement of action from the UN Secretary-General
- A compendium of the Summit’s two-year preparations
- National dialogues and pathways for food systems to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Coalitions cutting across the five Action Tracks and incorporating the four Levers of Change around key areas
- A follow-up and review process supported by the UN and its agencies
Details for media accreditation will be announced in due course.
For more information, visit https://www.un.org/en/food-systems-summit